Inflammation is the body's healthy response to infection and injury. It's an effective way to defend our body by sending key nutrients and immune cells to the areas that really need them. Chronic inflammation, however, is an entirely different state that can be quite dangerous, as the never ending production of immune cells can potentially do a lot of damage which could lead to various health concerns, such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, arthritis and others.
The importance of eating healthy foods in order to avoid chronic inflammation is enormous. Many diseases such as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, excess weight gain, coronary heart disease and others can be contributed to the inflammation from foods.
So, let's take a look at the top inflammatory foods list below, and find out which foods you should stay away from if you're suffering from chronic inflammation.
Inflammatory Foods List - These foods are heavily linked to increased risks of various diseases and obesity:
1. Sugar - You can't escape sugar, as it is everywhere. To successfully minimize sugar intake try limiting desserts, processed foods and snacks with excess sugar and go for fruit instead.
2. Trans Fats - They promote inflammation, obesity, increase bad cholesterol and even cause resistance to insulin, making them one of the most important foods to avoid on the inflammatory foods list. You can find them in fast foods, fried foods and baked goods, like peanut butter and other items that are commonly prepared with hydrogenated oil, vegetable and margarine oil.
3. Common Cooking Oils - Soy, sunflower, safflower, cottonseed and corn are to be avoided, as they promote inflammation and consist out of cheap ingredients.
4. Dairy - Even though some yogurts and kefir are OK, dairy is actually quite hard on the body and milk is a common allergen guilty for triggering inflammation, skin rashes, stomach problems and hives.
5. Alcohol - Steady consumption of alcohol will cause inflammation and irritation to many organs, which can sometimes even lead to much serious complications.
The foods we choose to eat, and the ones we avoid, can affect inflammation greatly. This top inflammatory foods list should give you a good idea at what types of foods you should avoid while fighting inflammation. Try focusing your diet on vegetables, fruits, lean meat, whole grains and omega 3 fatty acids or taking some natural supplements in order to improve your diet and live a healthier lifestyle.
Get more FREE information from my weekly newsletters and grab the FREE e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler.
I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy.